Saturday, June 11, 2022

TV Arm

 

I have installed Ubuntu on my Dynabook N40 and have been using it with REGZA as an external monitor, but my desk has become too small, so I installed an "Monitor ARM". Usually, I think it is used for monitors, but it can also be attached to TVs (depending on the model, of course), and as long as there are 10 cm square screw holes in the VESA standard, it can be installed in most cases (although sometimes it is difficult due to inaccuracy (:-)). Since I want to move the angle and height of the monitor freely depending on the work to be viewed, I purchased a slightly more expensive product from Sanwa Supply (probably a Japanese manufacturer) that can adjust its arm with gas pressure. Gas-pressure type arms have a specific weight range for the TV to be installed depending on the type, such as "5kg or less type" or "5kg to 10kg type" to choose from. What you have to be careful about is that this type is not "upward compatible. If you choose a higher type because you plan to replace it with a larger monitor later, you will end up with a monitor that jumps up high and won't come down (:o). So, I can move the TV freely to the left, right, up, and down, which is comfortable. The desk is also wider.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home